Calling all middle and high schoolers! Have you ever wondered why you look the way you look? Why do you have red hair like your grandad when neither of your parents have red hair? The answer is because of your genetics. In this homeschool/remote learning genetics package, you will explore these answers and more!
- Introduction to Genetics and Punnett Squares
- Vocabulary for Genetics
- Reindeer Genetics
- North pole themed genetic practice worksheet
- A winter themed, hands-on project for creating a genetically accurate snowpeople family
- A look at your own traits
- QR code linked review videos
- Full answer keys to all student work
- All materials needed to create your snowpeople family
- Access to the creators of thesciencenerds.com is always available through chat and email for answers to any questions. Also, you may email a picture of your completed snowpeople family to be checked.
Explore Genetics: In depth, hands on, and real instruction
- Estimated time to complete: 3 hoursAge suggestions: 4th-6th grade with parental guidance and 7th-10th grade independently.